|Western Digital Sentinel DX4000 NAS, 4-bays, 6TB (2xHDD) included
Out of stock (new stock due 15 Dec)
|$1,407.90 incl GST (including FREE delivery)
What do I get for my money?
Pay by Direct Credit and save $21.12
|Internal drive interface||
SATA 3 Gb/s
2x USB 3.0
A list of hard drives compatible with this NAS can be found here.
• Easy set up. Easy management.
• Comprehensive data protection.
• Built-in secure remote access.
Whether you’re an IT expert or not, WD Sentinel™ is easy to install and provides secure centralized storage, complete data protection, and remote file access for your employees and trusted vendors while in the office or from anywhere.
• Plug-and-play installation
• Easy drive maintenance with automatic RAID migration and capacity expansion
• Built-in secure remote access
• Automatic bare metal backup and restore for up to 25 computers on the network
• Easy restore functionality in case of system failure
• Easy administration with LCD panel and administration dashboard
• Highly reliable hard drives inside
• Intel® Atom® dual core processor
• Microsoft® Storage Server 2008 R2 Essentials
• Virtual storage using iSCSI Target
• Dual Gigabit Ethernet for speed and increased system uptime
• USB 3.0 port for USB connectivity
• Built-in DLNA server
Easy to set up. Easy to manage.
Simple setup. WD Sentinel comes with everything you need to centralize your business files. Once it’s set up, it intelligently manages drive and network status, reducing maintenance time so you can focus on your business.
Enterprise-class data protection for your small business.
Built on proven technologies from industry leaders, WD Sentinel small office storage server offers your business a complete data protection solution for your peace of mind.
Built-in remote access.
WD Sentinel enhances your business efficiency and productivity by enabling anytime, anywhere access to your business information. Your employees and trusted partners have secure access to your company files without the complexity and expense of a VPN solution.
Did you know...
Did you know that with a RAID-enabled storage system you can connect two or more drives so that they act like one big fast drive or set them up to be mirrored so that one drive in the system is used to automatically and instantaneously duplicate your data for real-time backup.
The easy set up process allows you to integrate WD Sentinel into your office network like a pro. The administration Dashboard quickly guides you through the process including adding users, setting up data access, creating shared folders and scheduling backups.
Adding or replacing one of the pre-installed drives is as easy as changing a light bulb. Just open the door and swap out the drives and WD Sentinel does the rest. It seamlessly migrates the server to the appropriate RAID level and automatically expands the server’s storage capacity. Your users can still access your business data while the drive is being integrated. No data loss. No down time.
Secure remote access
WD Sentinel is perfect for businesses with employees working in satellite or home offices because you have the security of knowing all your business files are safely stored in one place and remote employees can access them from any computer with an Internet connection. WD Sentinel also performs automatic daily backups so all of the files on all the computers in your network are backed up and protected.
Realtime system status through the administration Dashboard
View realtime updates for drive, RAID and network status through WD Sentinel's Dashboard, which includes easy-to-use task wizards to help you set backup schedules, administer user accounts and manage public and private shares.
LCD display panel readily offers critical information
The LCD display panel on the front of the device allows you to monitor the system status and critical alerts.
A total solution with industry-leading technology partners.
We combined hardware and software from industry leaders to deliver a reliable, secure and easy-to-manage storage server designed specifically for small office environments.
WD Sentinel features:
- WD enterprise-class hard drives - Equipped with WD's Enterprise-Class WD RE drives that feature high capacity storage, peak performance and reliability.
- Intel® Atom® processor - Built with the latest Intel Atom dual core processor inside, WD Sentinel DX4000 can easily handle your small business's day-to-day computing and file storage demands.
- Windows® Storage Server 2008 R2 Essentials - WD Sentinel DX4000 uses the tested Microsoft Windows Storage Server 2008 R2 Essentials operating system to provide the cost-effective, reliable and scalable storage solution your small business needs to quickly and efficiently organize, protect and share your critical business data using the familiar Windows user experience.
Stream digital media anywhere in your network
With the built-in DLNA media server your employees can access any shared media libraries on the network rather than maintaining copies on their individual computers. You can also stream digital content like videos, music or digital signage for employees, vendors or clients using remote web access.
With dual Gigabit Ethernet connecitivity, WD Sentinel DX4000 delivers read speeds up to 85 MB/s through the Gigabit Ethernet interface. That's three times faster than most network drives in this category today. For maximum flexibility there are also 2 SuperSpeed USB 3.0 ports that allow you to connect additional storage devices and experience up to 5Gb/s transfer rates.
Compatible with multiple operating systems
WD Sentinel includes the Connector software for Windows XP, Windows Vista®, Windows 7, Mac OS® X Leopard® and Mac OS® Snow Leopard®. Support for major network file-system protocols enables cross-platform compatibility and file sharing among Windows, Mac and Unix/Linux operating systems.
• Internet connection (for system updates and web access)
• Wired or wireless router with an available 10/100/1000 Ethernet port
• 2 Gigabit Ethernet ports
• 2 USB 3.0 ports
• Intel AtomTM D525 1.8 GHz Dual Core
• 2 GB RAM
Server Operating System
• Windows Storage Server 2008 R2 Essentials
Supported Client Operating Systems
• Windows XP with service pack 3, 32-bit versions only
• Windows Vista with service pack 2, all 32-bit and 64-bit platforms
• Windows 7, all 32-bit and 64-bit platforms
• File sharing support for Mac OS X 10.5.x, Mac OS X 10.6.x, Linux/Unix
Supported Web Browsers
• Internet Explorer
• Apple Safari
• Mozilla Firefox
• Google Chrome
• Active Directory
• CIFS, NFS, HTTP, HTTPS, FTP, WebDAV
File Sharing Protocols
• CIFS/SMB, NFS, FTP, WebDAV
• RAID 1 (2 drives only) and RAID 5 (3-4 drives)
• Automatic migration and capacity expansion
While every attempt is made to ensure the information provided on this page is accurate, specifications change from time to time and we are not liable for any
omissions or errors.
Please read our terms and conditions
$65.52 per fortnight for 12 months
$36.60 per fortnight for 24 months
$141.97 per month for 12 months
$79.31 per month for 24 months