|Silverstone DC01 NAS, Silver
In stock as at 20 Jun
|$194.19 incl GST (including FREE delivery)
What do I get for my money?
Pay by direct credit and save $2.91
|Internal drive interface||
SATA 3 Gb/s
2x USB 2.0, 1x eSATA
As network use and broadband becoming more prevalent, the use of network storage is on the rise in combination with home entertainment and network devices. Products such as SmartTV, Xbox, Playstation3, and media/blu-ray players have increased in support for network video and audio streaming standards such as DLNA and UPnP. The DC01 was designed to be a powerful multimedia network storage server with compact dimensions. Constructed with high quality aluminum outer shell, dual core network processors, ability to function without hard drives, print server capability, and DLNA/UPnP/iTunes compatibility, it enables users to quickly setup a network at home or office for sharing multimedia files.
Graphical User Interface
An all new iSharing web interface allows user to login and store/retrieve data through a web browser with Mac-like graphical user interface that lets user operate instinctively without difficulties. A free App is also available for download from the App Store for use on the iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch to access DC01 from anywhere.
With rapid advancements, small hard drives are now capable of large data capacity, this allows design team to create DC01 in smaller form factor utilizing the 2.5” SATA drive standard. An additional eSATA port has also been implemented to support connection to external hard drives for storage expansions. Protocols such as RAID0/1/JBOD are supported as well for users to setup stripe array for speed, mirror array for redundancy, or for large partitions. For quick, on the go, storage needs, there are USB ports to support hot-swappable devices.
DC01 supports S.M.A.R.T. (Self-Monitoring Analysis and Reporting Technology), which helps monitor hard drive condition and detect potential failure. It can be setup to report warning messages via e-mail to allow users to take preventative action in backing up data from the hard drive
DC01 has built-in printer server capability. Its hardware can support connection up to two USB printers to provide printing ability to all devices in the local area network.
One of the most widespread functions features in NAS (Network Attached Storage) is the built-in peer to peer BitTorrent downloader. In DC01’s download setting, a user can simply click and drag a “seed” to DC01 to enable it to automatically download files as network environment permits.
DC01 allows administrator to setup user accounts with access limit and data limit. This will ensure that private or secured data can only be accessed by pre-determined individuals or devices.
Contrary to regular FTP servers, DC01’s built-in FTPS server is more secure, which allows users to share data easily but with encryption.
DC01 supports latest WebDAV to enable cross-platform store and access. This will allow Windows, Mac, or Linux based OS to be supported via the use of web browser.
DLNA / UPnP Server
Through the built-in DLNA/UPnP server, the DC01 can connect with supported multimedia devices such as Net TV or Smart TV to view photos or videos without the use of a PC in between. It’s the same for playing stored music and internet radio. The integrated DLNA TwonkyMedia protocol also supports streaming to Sony PlayStation 3 or Microsoft Xbox so both devices can access multimedia files stored in the DC01 . Mobile devices such as PlayStation Portable or smart phones with DLNA control point can be used as well to wirelessly access videos and music in the DC01 .
Apple users will be delighted with DC01’s music sharing ability. Music files such as mp3 can be stored in the DC01 and shared via network to Mac or PC running iTunes.
DC01 supports uninterrupted USB power delivery (USB/HID UPS). When unexpected power outage occurs, the DC01 can automatically react and protect against accidental data loss. When power delivery is abnormal, the DC01 can also automatically enter into standby mode and when power delivery returns to normal level, it will resume to whatever activity it was on before standby.
Similar to “recycle bin” functionality on a desktop PC, when you delete data in the DC01 , it moves the data to a recycle folder. This will allow users to retrieve data that is accidentally deleted.
Event log system
DC01 records all connection records, including ones through Samba, FTPS, AFP, HTTP, HTTPS, Telnet, SSH, internet services, and login information of account users. An administrator can easily monitor all activities that happens on DC01 .
• Dual-core ARM 11 processor
• Each core running at 750MHz
• 256MB DDR2 SDRAM
• 256MB NAND flash
• Realtek Gigibit Ethernet controller
• Auto-Negotiation, Crossover Detection & Auto-Correction
Hard drive interface
• Internal – 2.5” SATA hard drive space
• External – eSATA hard drive port
• Integrated SATA 3Gb host ports with hardware RAID 0 and RAID 1 engines.
• Two USB 2.0 host ports
• 1 X Dual color LED to indicate status.
• Blue light – Power, Ready and Standby status.
• Red light – Error status.
• 1 X DC 5V Jack
• 1 X RJ45 Ethernet port with dual LEDs, Link and Activity
• 1 X eSATA port
• 2 X USB2.0 host port
• 1 X Power button
• 1 X Reset button
• Aluminum + SECC
• DC 5V / 2A
• Operating Temperature: 5°C ~ 40°C
• Operating Humidity: 20%RH ~ 80%RH
• Storage Temperature: -20°C ~ 70°C
• Storage Humidity: 10%RH ~ 90%RH
• 123mm(W) X 123mm(D) X 33mm(H)
• 500g±10g (exclude internal hard drive)
Embedded Linux with Diskless support
• FTP Service
• SAMBA Service
• NFS Service (Linux)
• Bonjour Service (Mac)
• Web Service (WebDAV supported)
• iTunes server
• DLNA server
• Printer server
• USB mass storage class
• VPN client
• Auto Register to VPN/Proxy Server with MAC Address
• IPv6 ready
Support Operation System
• Windows XP, VISTA and 7 (32/64bit)
• Apple MAC OS X
Web browser support
• Internet Explorer 7 or later
• Firefox 3 or later
• Safari 3 or later, iPhone/iPAD support by AP
• Google Chrome
Multi Languages support
• English, German, French, Spanish, Italian, Russian, Japanese, Korean, Chinese(traditional and simplified)
• Internal HDD – EXT3 and EXT4
• External HDD - EXT2 ,EXT3, XFS, NTFS, FAT16, FAT32, HFS
• BitTorrent client
• FTP/HTTP download manager
• Upload (supports drag & drop)
• New folder
• Search File
• Show / Play Images and Media Files
• Share Folder to NAS User
• Share certain Folders/Files to Friends
• List Albums
• New Album
• Delete Album
• Rename Album
• Share Album (to NAS User)
• Publish Album (To NAS/Other Websites like Facebook, Flickr, Picasa, Amazon)
• Add Photo/Media Items
• Rename Items
• Copy/Cut/Paste/Delete Items
• Edit Cover image
• Edit Description
• Show /Play Items
• Toggle View (Thumbnail / List / Slide Show / Flow View / Cooliris)
• Show Link (url and tag)
• Email to
• Change Background
Media format support
• Quicktime web Plug-in: aif, aiff, aac, au, bmp, gsm, mov, mid, midi, mpg, mpeg, mp4, m4a, psd, qt, qtif, qif, qti, snd, tif, tiff, wav, 3g2, 3gp.
• Flash web Plug-in: flv, mp3, swf.
• Windows Mediaplayer plug-in: asx, asf, avi, wma, wmv.
• Realplayer plug-in: ra, ram, rm, rpm, rv, smi, smil
• Thumbnails: gif, jpg, jpeg, tif, tiff, bmp, png, mpg, mlv, mpg, mpeg, dat, m2v, vob, tp, ts, avi, mov, asf, mp4, wmv, rm, ra, ram, rmvb, swf, flv, qt, 3gp, h264.
• Get System Information
• System Log(startup/system /web server /samba/Mt-daapd/BTPD/NTP)
• User Management ( Sync web/ftp/samba/ iTunes)
• Firmware Update
• Disk Management
- Get Disk Information (Internal and External S.M.A.R.T. information).
- RAID0, 1, and BIG.
- Erase Disk (only Data Disk).
- Format Partition (only Data partition).
- Resize Partition.
- Mount/Remove External Disks.
• Disk Power Management
• Date and Time
- Time Zone.
- Date time.
- NTP Server.
- Host Name
- Samba Workgroup.
- Jumbo Frame.
• Shutdown / Reboot
• Email Notification
• FTP Service Setup
• iTunes Service Setup
• BT Configuration Setup
While every attempt is made to ensure the information provided on this page is accurate, specifications change from time to time and we are not liable for any
omissions or errors.
Please read our terms and conditions